The project will collect information on FP6/FP7 research projects outputs, analyse their potential future in close collaboration with the research teams, design for each an Individualised Dissemination Strategy (IDS), and then support their transfer to the targeted stakeholders, with the support of Web 2.0 features, together with real-life events designed for specific audiences.
The e-infrastructure is a mix of :
- social networking tools, to support a community of practices among the stakeholders, and facilitate discussions,
- virtual seminars and meetings,
- permanent virtual fair of results,
The community will mix exchanges at European scale (information of researchers, assessment of research results, support of transnational activities), and localisation at national (language for example, when local stakeholders are not easy in English) or regional (when the impacts of climate change for example are different in European regions) scales.
The project includes specific social events to help stakeholders to meet and share ideas, and imagine future actions for up taking them : they are
• brokerage events : typically a 1-day workshop, back-to-back with a larger regular event (for example POLLUTEC in France, IFAT in Germany, WODKAN and POLEKO in Poland, annual World Water Week in Sweden, EXPOAPA in Romania, etc) or conferences organised by the partners and associated partners (like the Euro-INBO annual meeting), with promotion booths or corners to meet the targets.
• Seminars : typically one-day events organised at local (national or regional) level, focused sharply on one topic (state-of-the-art, trends, innovation, new practices, etc)
• summer schools : targeted at young researchers, to promote interrelationships, integration of fragmented knowledge, and interdisciplinary approaches.
• and promotion of exchanges of staff, fellowships, etc. between research performers and industry.
At the end, the result of the project is an improvement of uptake of former research projects (either by researchers, or practitioners), at an affordable cost for all parties (knowledge holders and potential users).
Also the partners will develop agreements with non-scientific water journals, targeted at professionals, to host periodic papers to promote innovation by examples ; OIEau has already such an agreement with “Environnement & Techniques” in France, and CFPPDA with “APA” in Romania.