Organized by the Office International de l’Eau
WaterDiss2.0 consortium invites you to the WaterDiss2.0 brokerage event
“Transferring European Research Outcomes in Practice”
during the World Water Forum 6, Marseille, the 15 March 2012(from 13:15 to 14:15).
Room Endoume 3, Palais des Congrès
Objectives and Target audience
Consistent with the session “EU 10 Science and Water Policy Interface: When Science and Innovation Meet Water Policy” (14 March 2012, 11:00 to 4:30), the brokerage event will particularly bring together European water researchers, decision makers, water managers, network managers and consultants.
It aims at establishing cross-border contacts and finding potential users of research outcomes.
Chairperson: Gaëlle Nion, WaterDiss2.0 Coordinator, Office International de l’Eau, France
- Welcome and short presentation of WaterDiss2.0 objectives and methodology.
Five presentations of European water research outputs
- Kristina Isberg,Researcher Hydrology - Research Department (SMHI - Swedish Hydrological and Meteorological Institute)
GEOLAND2 (FP7):“Core Information Services – Water”
- Dr. Theo van den Hoven,Manager Research Programme, (KWR, Watercycle Research Institute, Netherlands)
TECHNEAU (FP6): “Technologies for safe water supplies”
- Tomasz Walczykiewicz,Division of Water Management (IMGW, Institute of Meteorology and. Water Management, Poland)
GENESIS (FP7): “Supporting sanitary inspection - GENESIS Services”
- Jos Brils,senior project manager River Basin Management (Deltares, Netherlands)
RISK-BASE (FP6): “Key-principles to risk-informed river basin management"
- Jérôme Mouly, (Yole Développement, France)
COWIN (FP7): “Smart Systems for water management, Advanced and available technologies”
10 min will be dedicated to initiate the discussion between speakers and audience.
We will resume the main themes discussed during the brokerage event.
The wrap-up will be dedicated to future actions to be undertaken within the framework of WaterDiss2.0 to promote European research results.
+++ More opportunities at the booth of the SPI European Water Cluster booth
From 14:15, the opportunity is given to the participants to continue their discussions at the booth of the SPI European Water Cluster: Science-Policy-Industry Interfacing in Water Management (Hall 3, booth 3.076, across the European community booth).
You need to register to the World Water Forum 6 to attend this side event